My Account | Contact Us

Home Shop Forum FAQ  

Forum Home | General Home
Start New Thread | Reply To Post
Page 1 of 1
Rick G.
7/10/2007 10:47:11 PM
homeowner

I have two tomatoes plants that wont grow tomatos. Both plants have grown to 4', are flowering, yet are producing no fruit.
I've use miracle grow religiously. There have not been any previous tomato plant ibn the existing area. Any advise or suggestions ???
Matt
7/11/2007 7:36:06 AM
Re: homeowner

Are you getting enough sunlight? Are you indoors or outdoors?
Rick G.
7/11/2007 10:33:03 PM
Re: tomato

Plants are outdoors, getting plenty of sunlight. Grew tomatoes in a spot about 10 feet from the current location, last year.
Checked today, not one tomatoes on either plant.
???????????
Matt
7/13/2007 6:56:56 AM

What are the normal daytime high temperatures where you live? If it's real hot all the of the time, pollen becomes sterile and your flowers won't pollinate. Are you growing big tomatoes like Beefsteaks, or a smaller variety like cherries? Big ones always take longer to produce, and combined with possible hot weather, you just might be in a slow period right now.
Rick G.
7/13/2007 11:30:39 PM

We live in Folsom, Ca. The daytime temps. are always 90-100 degrees. I am growing (or trying) to grow big tomatoes, beefsteaks.
Could be its too hot for the flowers to pollinate, or they're just slow to produce fruit. Thank you so much for the advise.
keysupplements
7/17/2007 4:19:23 PM

I would use try to pollinate them with a ear tip It sounds like you have lost your bees or somthing that does that waork
robert hogard
5/20/2012 6:00:29 PM

use an electric tooth brush and touch each flower let it vibrate the flower for a few seconds you should see yellow pollen from the flower come of.

© 2000-2024 Rick's Green Thumb Gardening, Inc.