My Account | Contact Us

Home Shop Forum FAQ  

Forum Home | Systems Home
Start New Thread | Reply To Post
Page 1 of 1
Mike
8/10/2009 3:56:03 PM
PVC System

So I'm new to hydroponics and I decided to start building an Ebb and Flow system using PVC pipe. It's fairly expensive to buy all of the required materials so I've been asking around and my neighbour gave me 6" green PVC pipe, which I now realise is sewer pipe. I'm just wondering now before I spend too much time making it, is sewer pipe any different than normal white PVC pipe for potable water? I just don't want any chemicals to leech into the nutrient solution if the sewer PVC pipe is different in any way.
Thanks!
Lillian
9/15/2009 11:35:43 AM
Re: PVC System

How have you progressed on your PVC system? I'm just starting to do research for a spring project. I'm looking for a PVC design that is a ladder concept. The baskets would sit into a whole drilled into the side of the pipe. The solution would flow from the top, through the ladder rungs and be captured in a resevoir to be pumped back up to the top. i was this system in the Bahamas and would like to give it a try.
aerocustoms.com
1/13/2010 10:22:11 PM
Re: PVC System

As long as you do not use CPVC you are ok, I think the green sewer pipe will be fine just check to see how it is labeled, it should be dwc Drain waste line rated which is safe good ole PVC.

© 2000-2024 Rick's Green Thumb Gardening, Inc.