My Account | Contact Us

Home Shop Forum FAQ  

Forum Home | Pest Control Home
Start New Thread | Reply To Post
Page 1 of 1
romuluschick
12/6/2010 10:30:23 AM
Nats

After reading a few posts I would like to review solutions and add a new one. There are nats from plants and what I can tell they are more like fruit flies but not from fruit. The solution is to add 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon of dish soap to a gallon of water and water the plants with that to stop them from reproducing. Set out some vinager in a cup with a drop or two of dish soap to catch and kill the nats that are already flying around and poor a half a cup of bleach down the drains after you use them and before you go to bed to stop them from reproducing there.

If you do not have plants and do not have fruit flies you can check the drains by putting tape over the drains and see if any nats get caught up in the tape. If you do not have them in the drains and the nats are bigger than fruit flys you may have nats that are associated with dry goods. These nats live in cereal and oatmeal, in bisquick and flower, in dried pasta and dry mixes. Throw them all away clean out all the cupboards wipe them down and spray raid in all of the corners. Put down new shelf paper and get tupperware containers to put all of your dried goods in. These nats are very hard to get rid of.

© 2000-2024 Rick's Green Thumb Gardening, Inc.