My Account | Contact Us

Home Shop Forum FAQ  

Forum Home | Products Home
Start New Thread | Reply To Post
Page 1 of 1
james lee
2/8/2007 10:34:55 PM
Professional propagation system

I need to find any information on the professional propagation system, I have questions on what size and type lighting will I need on seeds and clones. How close to place them from the lid and also how often should I flood the system? If anyone has tried his system I would appreciate your assistance.
Dave
2/15/2012 10:07:01 PM
Re: Professional propagation system

I've used this system for years to root new clones. It's a great system! It measures 3' 7" x 23" x 12" (6" base & 6" dome). I have it on a kitchen table with two 4' florescent workshop fixtures, two bulbs each. I replaced one bulb in each fixture with an aquarium plant bulb, the other, a standard 4' bulb. I hang the lights 2" from the top of the dome and have them on for 18 hrs, off for 6. I set the hydrometer on the dome so I have 80% humidity within the system. I set the heater in the reservoir for a water temp of 80 degrees and flood the system once a day for 1/2 hour, two hours before the lights come on. Roots start to show in 7 to 10 days.
vermontskunk
4/26/2012 1:33:17 AM
Re: Professional propagation system

Professional prop system? How about one that does the job and then some? I would suggest buying growing indoors and hydroponically by gearge van patten, (fifth edition i think), I personally would go with this books guidelines (lots of which are in layman's term's btw), as this book has taught me more than i ever thought possible. Truly a gift!

© 2000-2024 Rick's Green Thumb Gardening, Inc.