1 2 3 4 5 6 7
G.T.G.
12/9/2004 1:01:00 PM
Re: nats or fruit flies?

Were you treating the soil as well?
Dave
12/9/2004 3:09:00 PM

You wouldn't belive how many of these little critters you bring home from the grocery store. Which is where I figured they come from every once in a while. I was going to test some fruit by keeping it in a closed bag and seeing how many eggs hatched from the fruit. But then I got to thinking... This is something I really don't want to know! L.o.L. We don't have potted plants in the house because the cats don't allow them.
We moved not long ago, and I miss having a garden, it's way to windy here on top of this hill (the trees even grow sideways, and a few of them blew over this year) This looks like a good place to look into indoor gardening. I'm not to sure about total hydroponics yet. I've read some great posts and gotten some good information. Hats off to the webmaster!!!
triciA
2/26/2005 1:42:00 AM

All of a sudden my house is being invaded with nats or fruit flies,where do they come from and how do you get rid of them?
Kathy
3/14/2005 12:24:00 PM

I've notice the gnats around our kitchen sink area, but there is no standing water, as soon as you turn on the sink, the gnats start flying around, although we do keep bananas on the counter, we have since put them in the refrigerator, but the gnats are still around, and even we I'm in my bedroom eating, as soon as you open your food, here come the gnats. Help! how do you get rid of them???
Green Thumb Gardening
3/17/2005 1:55:00 PM

It sounds as if you might have friut flies living in your drain . Fungus gnats need some kind of roots to live on .Their larva look a little like fly maggots only smaller.If you have plants the best thjing to use on them is Gnatrol and then buy saucers for your plants and water from the bottom so the top couple of inches dries out as this is wre the larva live.Try running bleach down your drain.

bj
3/22/2005 5:14:00 PM

I have plants at work that were water plants in a glass vase, I decided to plant them in soil and found that I had millions of fruit flies. I looked in the bag that the soil was in and saw a bunch of them, i assume they were living in the soil. Is there anything I can pick up at the regular store for this? Should i treat the dirt as well or re-pot them?
Kristina
6/27/2005 5:50:58 PM

I have a major problem with the nats in my house, I have bombed my house. Some of them have gone away & sure enough they came right back. I do not have plants in my house. Please can anybody help me kill these nats I am going CRAZY!!!!!!! Please HELP!!!
Dawn
10/19/2005 8:13:33 PM
Where are nats coming from?

After much contemplation, I think the nats are coming from the drains. It's the only thing that makes sense. I have them in the BATHROOM
(no fruit in there) and the kitchen. I have poured bleach and closed my drains for the night.

Keep you posted if this works.
joe
10/19/2005 9:24:29 PM

the nats or fruitflies are coming from your drain pipe in your bathtub. they nest in your clay pipe that runs to your catchbase under your building. im having the same problem. there all in my bathroom.
DC
11/7/2005 9:27:42 PM
Re: Dawn_nats or fruit flies?

Dawn I was wondering if you had any luck with the Bleach in your Drain? The Nats are driving me crazzy too!
Thanks
DC

© 2000-2024 Rick's Green Thumb Gardening, Inc.