Home Shop Forum FAQ  

Forum Home | Pest Control Home
Start New Thread | Reply To Post
Page 6 of 7
1 2 3 4 5 6 7
michelle crabtree
1/5/2008 10:05:25 AM
Re: nats or fruit flies?

I have nats too and I found something that is natural to use. If you put out a small bowl of apple cider vinegar with just a drop of dish soap they swarm to it and drown.
rachael
7/19/2008 11:57:19 AM

i hate nats i have them everywhere and i sick of it! i try ever thing vinegar,bleach down the drains it works but the next day THERES MORE!!! so how do you get rid of them!
Tina Schroeder
8/29/2008 1:44:05 AM

I had the worst problem with fruit flies, I did the bleach in my drains I then covered them. you have to stay with it. morning and night I did the bleach in the drains. Then I took red wine put in a plastic cup and put in just a squirt of dawn dish soap a very gently stir don't make bubbles. put the cups everywhere in my house IT WORKS!!! then I went through my house found they came in on my potatoes THREW them out and left the wine out for a few days. I must of had 5,000 flies no lie I was ready to move..I'm now fruit fly free.Hope this helps...
Tina Schroeder
8/29/2008 1:59:13 AM

I forgot to mention they got into my cabinets, found the chocolate chips they LOVE chocolate THREW them out. They also got into my microwave where I keep my bread. LOVE bread too!! I put bread in fridge..
Becky
8/31/2008 10:11:44 AM

We are being invaded by gnats in my home - mostly in kitchen but seen everywhere. They are so annoying! I am going to try the bleach in the drains. Has it worked for anyone?? Any other suggestions?? I do not have any plants.
LeeAnn
9/29/2008 9:18:13 PM

I have HORRIBLE fruit flies that won't go away! I am even using fly traps to make them die! But I need to find the source first! They are flying in my face right now!!!!! Help!!!!!
ANNIE
9/30/2008 3:00:07 PM

i have nats to just started,yes they drive us nut, just as we get ready to eat,or just watching them fly where they want, ive tried, bleach, it does not work, i tried lysol spray, no good, ill try viniger & soap this time, dont try wine, no good, glad to hear im not the only one, thanks for the tips.give more info.if it works, thanks ANNIE
ANNIE
9/30/2008 3:13:01 PM

i dont have fruit flis, only nats, they are on my laptop watching me ,trying to find out how to kill them, nasty things , hard to cook with them flying all over, makes me feel like my house is keep so dirty but its not,i put bleach in drain 4 times a day, still all over, i get so mad, so please give all info. you have ill try. thank you ANNIE
Carol
10/21/2008 8:17:57 PM

I have beautiful house plants inside and also on my patio but the nats I have are ready to carry us away. Can someone help me by how to get rid of them???
gladly
12/8/2009 8:20:21 PM

i live in Augusta GA and am having this same problem. They are in my house and at work. my boss commented today that they are at her house too. I do believe they are coming from the sewage lines. Anyone had any success with the bleach and other suggestions?

© 2000-2024 Rick's Green Thumb Gardening, Inc.