My Account | Contact Us

Home Shop Forum FAQ  

Forum Home | Environment Home
Start New Thread | Reply To Post
Page 1 of 1
terry
1/14/2003 1:36:00 PM
aqua farming

hello i have a few questions first how do i get rid of the salt residue left by evaporation on top of lid and second should rock wool and water feeder line be hidden under hydroton (those clay pellets) so no light hits the saturated rock wool and constant flow of water out of feeder lines. and should i use a uv sterilizer on my reservior pump? if so will it harm any of my nutri in the water or trace elements. i use alies garden system all roots are submerrsed in nutriants 24/7 dual air pump 2 12 inch stones and h202. biggest problem is salt build up on rock wool white residue. any help would be great thanks

waterwolf
The Green Thumbs
1/15/2003 7:23:00 PM
Re: aqua farming

Terry:<br>
1) The salt residue could be related to the fertilizer you are using. What kind are you using?

2) You can hide the rockwool and feeder lines under the stone, as it will prevent algae growth.<br><br>

3) You can use a UV sterilizer, it will kill all the bacteria in the water. I'm not sure off the top of my head what it will do to the nutrient level and trace elements, but I can check on that for you.
waterwolf
1/16/2003 10:19:00 PM
Re: aqua farming

hey thanks for answering im using general hydropinics any thing i can do for the salt residue build up on the rockwool and allso the res and top get coated too, how do i clean and remove? any cleaning agents . have tryed many house hold items but no luck.

© 2000-2024 Rick's Green Thumb Gardening, Inc.