Home Shop Forum FAQ  

Forum Home | Pest Control Home
Start New Thread | Reply To Post
Page 5 of 7
1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Joy
8/19/2007 2:32:33 PM
Re: nats or fruit flies?

Wow, didn't think about them being in the drain. I gotta run out and buy more bleach. I am going to try the dish soap trick as well. This things are driving me crazy!
Sonya
8/23/2007 9:13:56 PM

These things are driving me crazy!! How long or how many days do I need to keep putting bleach down the drains? I see then in the kitchen and bathroom.
Debbie
9/1/2007 2:39:12 AM

I tried the bleach down the drain and it helped, but must have to do it often as they're back with a vengenge. Also, make sure to rinse the bleach off sink drains as it left a rust like residue on all the tub and sink drains. Thanks for the info on Gnatrol -we have pest control and they can't even get rid of them so I'm going to get armed with Gnatrol, bleach, and Fantastic and let em have it! I hate these things - they drive you nuts!
Don
9/12/2007 8:47:14 PM

The apartment I moved in recenly has/had these gnats. YES They do bite humans. I don't know exactly what type they are but I have had swollen bite lumps allover. Pest control finally (after a couple months) said to pour 1/2 cup of bleach down each drain and don't use that drain for a hour or so. On his nx visit he poured some green chemical down the drain that is made to kill these gnats. This helps alot.
Don
9/12/2007 8:55:00 PM

Another remedy for the gnat problem (I found on the internet)pour a little dish soap (1/2 teaspoon is enough) in a plastic bowl. Then fill the bowl w/vinegar. I have 6 bowls around my apartment and all of them have dead gnats in them. The vinegar draws them and the soap breaks the surface tention of the vinegar, so instead of landing on top they go all the way in and die. This works great
Shawn
9/15/2007 6:24:33 PM

I have tried the vinegar and water. It did catch some, but still can't get rid of them. I thought they were coming from the outdoors, so I always keep my doors closed. I notice that when I have the door open a see a lot of them flying on the glass storm door. I kill and they keep coming back. Trying bleach now. HELP WITH SOLUTIONS TO GET RID OF THE PEST. THEY ARE REALLY GETTING ON MY NERVES. WILL THEY GO AWAY WHEN IT COOLS DOWN?
deb
10/22/2007 6:59:23 PM

Put all fruit in the fridge. Then Pour some apple cider vinigar in a dish, add a few drops of dishsoap. Sit it on counter where fruit flies are. You will be shocked how many will be in the dish in the morning. I make this little trap whenever the fruitflies start coming around. Works everytime!! And it's safe.
Carolyn
10/28/2007 1:45:45 PM

I'm going to try the bleach in the drain. I'm hoping this helps because they are in the powder room, kitchen and my bathroom - seems like hundreds of them. I know they aren't fruit flies b/c there isn't any fruit out. It's good to know I'm not the only one out there w/this problem! I'm desperate to try anything. Has anyone tried anything else? This is horrible - I've never seen anything like it!!
Kell
11/6/2007 2:53:38 PM

PLEASE HELP!!!!
I'm soon going to have to move out of my house and just give up residence to these critters!!!! If I find the root of the problem, perhaps trying the bleach down the drain and it works how do I rid myself of the remaining tribe??? I have tried vacuuming them up but they are quick little suckers! I'm losing my mind! I open a cabinet they go in! I'm wondering if fly paper would work??
Any advice would helpful, Thank-you in advance!!!
Kell
rick
11/14/2007 11:13:34 PM

the nats are driving me nuts im going to try the soap ving. and bleach in the drains i well let you all know howq it works

© 2000-2024 Rick's Green Thumb Gardening, Inc.